Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tranmission needs new seals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
Pretty much as the title reads. I have gotten my tranny out of the car, and off the motor and I need to reseal it. I looked for a procedure, what to take apart first, etc.. but no luck.

Anyone have a good procedure for me to follow?

TIA!
Dr Evil
Read the tranny rebuild link in my sig line. It has the info on removing the stack which will allow you to access the paper gaskets, shift console gasket and the input shaft gasket.

When changing the shift console gasket, knock the roll pin out of the comb end ONLY (other wise reinstalling the shaft can goof up the seal). Remove the shaft and use a large screw driver to pry the seal out making sure not to score the bore (this can be a PITA, but just be patient).

For removing the output flanges, use a drift in one of the screw holes and brace it against one of the ribs on the tranny. The bolts are 19mm and not very hard to break free usually. Then just pry the seal out by knocking one side in. Again, be careful not to score the bore.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.