Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914/6 conversion moving forward
rfuerst911sc
post Jul 22 2007, 07:41 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,980
Region Association: South East States

Well in the last two weeks I've picked up a 3.0 engine, ordered a Rich Johnson engine mount,GT stiffening kit and rear trailing arm kit. I also ordered a DW Design oil tank with all the goodies. At the rate I'm going I hope to have the chassis done by the end of the year as I only work on it on weekends. For some reason I thought the 914 was going to be cheaper to work on then my 911 but my wallet is finding out differently (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) I'm having fun preparing for the conversion and I can now weld with the mig quite well (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif) This is the most intensive DIY car project I have ever tried but so far so good, the help of this forum is priceless (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) Have a good evening fellow teeners (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jim912928
post Jul 22 2007, 09:11 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,536
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Good luck...and nothing is easy on the wallet! I'm in the same boat..I've collected all my parts (have a 3.2l sitting on the garage floor, have the DWD oil tank, Rick Johnson mount and tin...just need some time to start the heart transplant!

I've currently taken off my 71 911 front end and am half way done with putting on an 84 carrera front end (with brakes). Can't wait to get this car on the road again!

Post your upgrade progress with pics here...we'd all love to see your progress!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 09:02 PM