Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 conversion moving forward
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfuerst911sc
Well in the last two weeks I've picked up a 3.0 engine, ordered a Rich Johnson engine mount,GT stiffening kit and rear trailing arm kit. I also ordered a DW Design oil tank with all the goodies. At the rate I'm going I hope to have the chassis done by the end of the year as I only work on it on weekends. For some reason I thought the 914 was going to be cheaper to work on then my 911 but my wallet is finding out differently dry.gif I'm having fun preparing for the conversion and I can now weld with the mig quite well thumb3d.gif This is the most intensive DIY car project I have ever tried but so far so good, the help of this forum is priceless mueba.gif Have a good evening fellow teeners beerchug.gif
jim912928
Good luck...and nothing is easy on the wallet! I'm in the same boat..I've collected all my parts (have a 3.2l sitting on the garage floor, have the DWD oil tank, Rick Johnson mount and tin...just need some time to start the heart transplant!

I've currently taken off my 71 911 front end and am half way done with putting on an 84 carrera front end (with brakes). Can't wait to get this car on the road again!

Post your upgrade progress with pics here...we'd all love to see your progress!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.