Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fiero Seats In A 914? How about a Cadillac amp?, Junkyard dreams...and how about?
retrofit
post Jul 24 2007, 07:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,943

Was at Pick N Pull for the first time today. Reminded me of the junkyard scene in one of the Starwars movies...
Went looking for an antenna and cable for my Chev Pu. nothing.
Then I saw a 924 being set down. Maybe it still has an aluminum jack still tucked away in it? Nada. Saw some Fiero Gt's Hmm, the seats look familiar. Seat back is contoured like that of a 914. It was loose in the car so pulled it out, put it on the ground and planted my but in it for a test sit. Low, comfy and more supportive than the 914 seat, and it has two speakers built into the headrest!No tape measure in the tool bag to check the all important overal width of the seat bottom so I cut a piece of speaker wire to length and tucked it away to measure later. The seats are similar in width so a good fit is possible. Anybody try this?
Called a local upholstry shop and got a guestimate of $400 to $500 a pair to recover in 914ish vinyl. Not too bad. I'm wondering if there readymade reupholstry kits available for the Fiero seats like those that can be had for the 914 seats?
Find #2: Quite a few of the later Cad and Lincolns have premium amped sound systems. The amp is not always accessable or obvious so it remains unmolested by car audio scroungers. Most amps are smallish and can be tucked into out of the way places. Would it be worth it to wire one into a system if the amp can be had for $20-$30? I did notice that none of them had any adjustment controls for gain etc like the aftermarket products. Just wires in and wires out. Would need a wiring diagram. Maybe too much hassle. Like spending 4hrs to save $10. Not worth it?
Allen
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 03:01 AM