Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fiero Seats In A 914? How about a Cadillac amp?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
retrofit
Was at Pick N Pull for the first time today. Reminded me of the junkyard scene in one of the Starwars movies...
Went looking for an antenna and cable for my Chev Pu. nothing.
Then I saw a 924 being set down. Maybe it still has an aluminum jack still tucked away in it? Nada. Saw some Fiero Gt's Hmm, the seats look familiar. Seat back is contoured like that of a 914. It was loose in the car so pulled it out, put it on the ground and planted my but in it for a test sit. Low, comfy and more supportive than the 914 seat, and it has two speakers built into the headrest!No tape measure in the tool bag to check the all important overal width of the seat bottom so I cut a piece of speaker wire to length and tucked it away to measure later. The seats are similar in width so a good fit is possible. Anybody try this?
Called a local upholstry shop and got a guestimate of $400 to $500 a pair to recover in 914ish vinyl. Not too bad. I'm wondering if there readymade reupholstry kits available for the Fiero seats like those that can be had for the 914 seats?
Find #2: Quite a few of the later Cad and Lincolns have premium amped sound systems. The amp is not always accessable or obvious so it remains unmolested by car audio scroungers. Most amps are smallish and can be tucked into out of the way places. Would it be worth it to wire one into a system if the amp can be had for $20-$30? I did notice that none of them had any adjustment controls for gain etc like the aftermarket products. Just wires in and wires out. Would need a wiring diagram. Maybe too much hassle. Like spending 4hrs to save $10. Not worth it?
Allen
Dr Evil
I know Sean-V8-914 picked up a set of those seats at the Pick-n-pull and was figuring on someday putting them in a car. I liked them, but as is stands I am at the max limit of comfort in in the car based on my height. If I put seats like those in my car I would have no room for me wink.gif I like the speakers in the head idea, I bet it wouldnt be too hard to modify the stock seats to accept speakers idea.gif
firstknight13
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 24 2007, 05:36 PM) *

I know Sean-V8-914 picked up a set of those seats at the Pick-n-pull and was figuring on someday putting them in a car. I liked them, but as is stands I am at the max limit of comfort in in the car based on my height. If I put seats like those in my car I would have no room for me wink.gif I like the speakers in the head idea, I bet it wouldnt be too hard to modify the stock seats to accept speakers idea.gif

biggrin.gif yea anything with HEAD dr. likes.... driving.gif
retrofit
QUOTE(firstknight13 @ Jul 24 2007, 07:35 PM) *

Do they really fit? confused24.gif
AK
retrofit
QUOTE(retrofit @ Jul 24 2007, 08:33 PM) *

QUOTE(firstknight13 @ Jul 24 2007, 07:35 PM) *

Do they really fit? confused24.gif
AK

Forgot to add: I'm only 5-6 and 136 after eating a big dessert!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.