Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I'm so excited!, New resto project arrived today.
ChrisFoley
post Jul 28 2007, 04:38 PM
Post #1

I am Tangerine Racing

Group: Members
Member No.: 209
Region Association: None

Car carrier pulled in this morning with my next big project.
Attached Image
This one came a long way, over land and sea. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Attached Image
A month ago I was just about caught up with present work but it looks like I'll be busy for a while now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif)

Special features of this project are a 916 roof, GT flares, 3.2L six and Wevo915.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DrifterJay
post Jul 28 2007, 04:43 PM
Post #2

I break stuff...

Member No.: 737

Cool Project! Chris, can you post some pictures of your shop? One like yours is a dream of mine that I would someday like to achieve.
+Quote Post
SGB
post Jul 28 2007, 05:22 PM
Post #3

just visiting

Member No.: 404
Region Association: South East States

looks pretty solid..
whats the story?
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
jd74914
post Jul 29 2007, 12:03 PM
Post #4

Its alive

Member No.: 1,659
Region Association: North East States

Wow, very cool Chris. I can't wait to see how the 916 roof comes out. The shop looks like its pretty full. Whats the deal with the 2 caged cars on the right side?
+Quote Post
JPB
post Jul 29 2007, 01:14 PM
Post #5

The Crimson Rocket smiles in your general direction.

Member No.: 5,107

Awsome! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
smj
post Jul 29 2007, 02:11 PM
Post #6

"Dude, Steve from Berkeley."

Member No.: 4,691
Region Association: Northern California

Yeah, how 'bout a separate "virtual tour" thread? Assuming that the garage shots are CFR World Headquarters and not your personal playground... Though... Maybe that's a distinction without a difference. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
+Quote Post
ChrisFoley
post Jul 30 2007, 05:06 PM
Post #7

I am Tangerine Racing

QUOTE(DrifterJay @ Jul 28 2007, 06:43 PM) *

Cool Project! Chris, can you post some pictures of your shop? One like yours is a dream of mine that I would someday like to achieve.

Jay,
This shop is my dream-come-true. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) But I still have a lot to do before it's complete.
As requested below I'll start a "virtual tour" thread. I took a few pics today already.
looks pretty solid..
whats the story?

'73 1.7L. Engine runs but isn't too healthy. The car's home is on the big island (Hawaii) so there's plenty of rust lurking below the surface. First step is to remove and "bag & tag" all the parts. The project will include transformation to 914-6 GT look + steel roof as well as chassis stiffening and big six installation. It will be painted black with black interior. Lots of new parts are already on the car and more new parts are coming.
I can't wait to see how the 916 roof comes out.

Me either. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) I've wanted to do this for many years and now I have the opportunity. (Thanks to dr914 for posting pics of the procedure used at his shop to build a 916 roof.)
Whats the deal with the 2 caged cars

The rear one is a customer's FProd car I plan to race at NHIS sometime next month if I can fit it into my schedule. The light blue one is just a partial chassis I'm using to mock up two custom 8 point roll cage kits I'm working on.
Yeah, how 'bout a separate "virtual tour" thread?

A virtual tour thread will be forthcoming soon.
Assuming that the garage shots are CFR World Headquarters and not your personal playground... Though... Maybe that's a distinction without a difference.
The pics are of the business space but it IS a distinction without a difference. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Actually, my personal playground garage/workshop at home has 4 bays (one heated) and about 1600sf but I couldn't figure out how to stuff all my equipment and cars in there together and get any work done, so I have the shop in Manchester.
+Quote Post
turboman808
post Jul 30 2007, 05:23 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,505

When things slow down for me(if they do) I still want to bring my car down and film your shop while I am there. I have not had one free weekend since December to bring it down. That's terrible I know and I apologize for not bringing it by now.

I keep hoping I run into you at the race track but to date I still have not seen you there. What organization do you race with?

I just got asked by general motors to do a project and if things work out I may have even less time for playing with my toys. Both good and bad I guess.
+Quote Post
ChrisFoley
post Jul 31 2007, 03:29 PM
Post #9

I am Tangerine Racing

QUOTE(turboman808 @ Jul 30 2007, 07:23 PM) *

When things slow down for me(if they do) I still want to bring my car down and film your shop while I am there. I have not had one free weekend since December to bring it down. That's terrible I know and I apologize for not bringing it by now.

I keep hoping I run into you at the race track but to date I still have not seen you there. What organization do you race with?

I just got asked by general motors to do a project and if things work out I may have even less time for playing with my toys. Both good and bad I guess.

I hope that if you're so busy you're at least making good $$$. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif)

I haven't raced in two years now and haven't been to the track to watch either.
I race with SCCA & may get some seat time next month.

BTW, I liked the HD remix you posted from the Lime Rock ALMS weekend. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
turboman808
post Jul 31 2007, 04:55 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,505

QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jul 31 2007, 01:29 PM) *

I hope that if you're so busy you're at least making good $$$. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif)

I haven't raced in two years now and haven't been to the track to watch either.
I race with SCCA & may get some seat time next month.

BTW, I liked the HD remix you posted from the Lime Rock ALMS weekend. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I am making good money but with a new apartment, cars and paying that dam student loan it doesn't seem like it. I don't want to count my eggs before they hatch but I am supposed to shoot for GM at VIR in 2 weeks. It is not confirmed yet but if so for me anyways that's gonna be a HUGE deal. I'm so excited I could wet myself.

I am really interested in getting some film of you racing. I love 914s and I love orange!

Thanks and I had alot of fun at ALMS. Skip Barber and the rest of the people at Limerock are really nice and make we want to film there over and over. I don't get the same welcome at pocono or watkins glen.
+Quote Post
maf914
post Aug 2 2007, 12:25 PM
Post #11

Not a Guru!

Member No.: 632

Chris,

Did you say in the past that you were building a new open 914 racecar for yourself? If so, what's the status on that? Just curious... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
+Quote Post
ChrisFoley
post Aug 3 2007, 01:12 PM
Post #12

I am Tangerine Racing

QUOTE(maf914 @ Aug 2 2007, 02:25 PM) *

Chris,

Did you say in the past that you were building a new open 914 racecar for yourself? If so, what's the status on that? Just curious... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

You can sort of see my project car near the back of the shop. I haven't done much work on it in the last year but hopefully will find some time soon.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 04:43 PM