Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm so excited!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFoley
Car carrier pulled in this morning with my next big project.
Click to view attachment
This one came a long way, over land and sea. smile.gif
Click to view attachment
A month ago I was just about caught up with present work but it looks like I'll be busy for a while now. rocking nana.gif

Special features of this project are a 916 roof, GT flares, 3.2L six and Wevo915.
DrifterJay
Cool Project! Chris, can you post some pictures of your shop? One like yours is a dream of mine that I would someday like to achieve.
SGB
looks pretty solid..
whats the story?
smile.gif
jd74914
Wow, very cool Chris. I can't wait to see how the 916 roof comes out. The shop looks like its pretty full. Whats the deal with the 2 caged cars on the right side?
JPB
Awsome! smilie_pokal.gif
smj
Yeah, how 'bout a separate "virtual tour" thread? Assuming that the garage shots are CFR World Headquarters and not your personal playground... Though... Maybe that's a distinction without a difference. tongue.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(DrifterJay @ Jul 28 2007, 06:43 PM) *

Cool Project! Chris, can you post some pictures of your shop? One like yours is a dream of mine that I would someday like to achieve.

Jay,
This shop is my dream-come-true. smile.gif But I still have a lot to do before it's complete.
As requested below I'll start a "virtual tour" thread. I took a few pics today already.
looks pretty solid..
whats the story?

'73 1.7L. Engine runs but isn't too healthy. The car's home is on the big island (Hawaii) so there's plenty of rust lurking below the surface. First step is to remove and "bag & tag" all the parts. The project will include transformation to 914-6 GT look + steel roof as well as chassis stiffening and big six installation. It will be painted black with black interior. Lots of new parts are already on the car and more new parts are coming.
I can't wait to see how the 916 roof comes out.

Me either. blink.gif I've wanted to do this for many years and now I have the opportunity. (Thanks to dr914 for posting pics of the procedure used at his shop to build a 916 roof.)
Whats the deal with the 2 caged cars

The rear one is a customer's FProd car I plan to race at NHIS sometime next month if I can fit it into my schedule. The light blue one is just a partial chassis I'm using to mock up two custom 8 point roll cage kits I'm working on.
Yeah, how 'bout a separate "virtual tour" thread?

A virtual tour thread will be forthcoming soon.
Assuming that the garage shots are CFR World Headquarters and not your personal playground... Though... Maybe that's a distinction without a difference.
The pics are of the business space but it IS a distinction without a difference. biggrin.gif Actually, my personal playground garage/workshop at home has 4 bays (one heated) and about 1600sf but I couldn't figure out how to stuff all my equipment and cars in there together and get any work done, so I have the shop in Manchester.
turboman808
When things slow down for me(if they do) I still want to bring my car down and film your shop while I am there. I have not had one free weekend since December to bring it down. That's terrible I know and I apologize for not bringing it by now.

I keep hoping I run into you at the race track but to date I still have not seen you there. What organization do you race with?

I just got asked by general motors to do a project and if things work out I may have even less time for playing with my toys. Both good and bad I guess.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Jul 30 2007, 07:23 PM) *

When things slow down for me(if they do) I still want to bring my car down and film your shop while I am there. I have not had one free weekend since December to bring it down. That's terrible I know and I apologize for not bringing it by now.

I keep hoping I run into you at the race track but to date I still have not seen you there. What organization do you race with?

I just got asked by general motors to do a project and if things work out I may have even less time for playing with my toys. Both good and bad I guess.

I hope that if you're so busy you're at least making good $$$. boldblue.gif

I haven't raced in two years now and haven't been to the track to watch either.
I race with SCCA & may get some seat time next month.

BTW, I liked the HD remix you posted from the Lime Rock ALMS weekend. smile.gif
turboman808
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jul 31 2007, 01:29 PM) *

I hope that if you're so busy you're at least making good $$$. boldblue.gif

I haven't raced in two years now and haven't been to the track to watch either.
I race with SCCA & may get some seat time next month.

BTW, I liked the HD remix you posted from the Lime Rock ALMS weekend. smile.gif

I am making good money but with a new apartment, cars and paying that dam student loan it doesn't seem like it. I don't want to count my eggs before they hatch but I am supposed to shoot for GM at VIR in 2 weeks. It is not confirmed yet but if so for me anyways that's gonna be a HUGE deal. I'm so excited I could wet myself.

I am really interested in getting some film of you racing. I love 914s and I love orange!

Thanks and I had alot of fun at ALMS. Skip Barber and the rest of the people at Limerock are really nice and make we want to film there over and over. I don't get the same welcome at pocono or watkins glen.
maf914
Chris,

Did you say in the past that you were building a new open 914 racecar for yourself? If so, what's the status on that? Just curious... idea.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(maf914 @ Aug 2 2007, 02:25 PM) *

Chris,

Did you say in the past that you were building a new open 914 racecar for yourself? If so, what's the status on that? Just curious... idea.gif

You can sort of see my project car near the back of the shop. I haven't done much work on it in the last year but hopefully will find some time soon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.