Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> o.k. this is for you swivel foot .060 removal vets, need experianced advice
orange914
post Jul 31 2007, 08:55 PM
Post #1

http://5starmediaworks.com/index.html

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,818
Region Association: Northern California

i'm relitively sure you remove .060 from the base of the foot pad itself... right? i just took to the machine shop and now after questions i'm second guessing it. they seemed to think removal at the bottom of the rocker is the .060 removal area. i think that could either affect the valve geomitry or the threads would be .060 further up into the hole -meaning less threaded area in the rocker. i just need confirmation before doing .060 off the pad. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

by the way what kind of $ has this cost others? we talked and the machinist thought the best way to remove .060 was to use a tubular peice that is threaded to hold the swivel foot in the valve stem lathe.

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 03:18 PM