Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Now that's it's running, couple questions
BahnBrenner914
post Aug 2 2007, 01:44 AM
Post #1

The girl is gone and all I have now is a beat-up teener

Group: Members
From: Gig Harbor and University Place, WA :: School in Angola, IN :: girlfriend in Sarasota, FL
Member No.: 2,094
Region Association: None

So my teener ('76 2.0) is now driveable so I've been buzzing around (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) and it's been quite enjoyable (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif) . But there's a couple issues.

How high on the temp gauge (oil) should it run regularly? I haven't been driving it more than about 20 miles at a time, but it's gotten up to half way and then I was at my destination. Am I just being overly cautious? I'm cruising around between 2 and 4 K on the revs. Should I be closer to 4 for more air flow, or is 2 to 3 ok?

Should I be able to hear the fuel pump whining? I only hear it whining sometimes.

I've had an intermitent bog down of power, usually in 3rd gear. It's when I give it throttle at 2 or 3K rpm, it bogs for a second and then pics back up. It doesnt happen all the time, just sometimes.

I also have weird idle issues. I've had it die on me a couple times when cold, hunting idle, high idle (1500 or so). Its usually ok, just a few times I've had the issues (maybe 10% )
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 4)
Joe Ricard
post Aug 2 2007, 06:23 AM
Post #2

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Member No.: 92

I'm guessing your car still has Fuel injection.
Bog can be from going lean just as you open the throttle. One of the D-jet bubbas shuld be along soon to tell you about the TPS.
I Normally runn 2500 RPM minimum cruise on the freeway 3200.
I just don't know what the gauge translates to so I got a VDO oil temp gauge with matching sender. 180-220 is fine.

You could check your oil cooler for dirt and crud. underneath the car shine a flash light up through it.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Aug 2 2007, 08:21 AM
Post #3

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

i think you're lugging your engine a bit. i roll @ 3.k at a minimum. appropriate gear, no matter how fast you're going.

k
+Quote Post
BahnBrenner914
post Aug 2 2007, 12:14 PM
Post #4

The girl is gone and all I have now is a beat-up teener

From: Gig Harbor and University Place, WA :: School in Angola, IN :: girlfriend in Sarasota, FL
Member No.: 2,094
Region Association: None

ah, Justification for driving faster (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Aug 3 2007, 08:04 AM
Post #5

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

no... wrong. correct gear for the legal speed. also, stay off I-5 when traffic is choked. use priority surface roads.

k
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 08:53 AM