Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I am a sick sick Man! REVISED: I am a smart smart man, It never stops! Sold my nice one. Bought another over the phone
JRust
post Aug 5 2007, 10:07 AM
Post #21

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I've got a ton of work to do on them. The 74 silver roller was a 2.0 & I did get the engine but it needs rebuilt. It also has the worst rust of the 2 rollers. Not sure how bad the longs are but there rust is in them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) . Parts car most likely???

I'm a little more optimistic on the red 72 but not much. The doors won't close & have been sitting partially open for a few years. It has a very cool interior in it although it is filthy & a little on the green side(moss). I'm hoping it will clean up & be usable still. It supposedly sucked a valve & was parked then. It also has a killer am radio with a 8 track (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) . I'm sure that will pull alot on ebay (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) Also a parts car probably???

The 73 1.7 actually runs pretty good. It made the 3 hour drive home without a problem. Which is probably more than I can say for my 74 2.0 current driver. I wouldn't trust it that far. I think I am going to keep this one. IT was meant to be with the Orange. I live in Corvallis Oregon home of the OSU Beavers (Orange & black). The dash is pretty cracked up & I'll be buying a cap for it. I have one dash that is pretty nice out of one of the rollers so who knows.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JPB
post Aug 5 2007, 10:59 AM
Post #22

The Crimson Rocket smiles in your general direction.

Member No.: 5,107

Lots of work for sure. Like DR. Evil has mentioned many times, we on the east coast keep scrappers on the road for lack of rust free cars. I've seen some cool NC cars go for decent change here so thats where my eyes are at lately. Thanks for trying to shake my jealousy off but didn't work. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
+Quote Post
Lou W
post Aug 5 2007, 11:05 AM
Post #23

"Here Kitty Kitty" my ass......

Member No.: 2,039
Region Association: Spain

Hey Jaime, Awesome find with those three cars and a Targa Seal (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)

Thanks for the invite, the bbq and the chance to meet you your family, Mark and Coy and his family, what a great group of people. You have an awesome house and shop setup. Thanks again (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Aug 5 2007, 11:10 AM
Post #24

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE(dinomium @ Aug 3 2007, 11:54 AM) *

three is normal, four is pushing and 5 is psycosis!
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I have 6 in my backyard and another one on the way.
+Quote Post
Coy
post Aug 5 2007, 12:57 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 5,537

Jamie,

Thanks for the great Bar-B-Q! Great score on all that stuff! It was great to meet Lou and always cool to see Mark!
+Quote Post
JRust
post Aug 5 2007, 02:43 PM
Post #26

914 Guru

I burned a couple of dogs but other than that it was ohhhhtay! Company was great & it was great meeting you Lou. Glad you made the drive up.

I am about to take the orange car for a drive. My first as my bro-in-law drove it home yesterday. YIPEE

Oh & I guess I should say I'm a lucky lucky man. Smart is pushing the envelope a bit.
+Quote Post
JPB
post Aug 5 2007, 03:13 PM
Post #27

The Crimson Rocket smiles in your general direction.

Member No.: 5,107

Luck is a mathematical equation:

Luck= opportunity+preparedness

You were ready and it happened so you pounced. The smart part, thats you doing the pounce thing. Just for the record, anyone else's opinion really doesen't matter except mine; who ever that might be. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

Most of us are 50% lucky because we often are a buck short on all the deals that come our ways. Thats a positive way to look at life. Preparedness is the hardest thing most folks don't grasp. So if we are 50% lucky most of the time and are 25% prepared, then we have a decent luck ratio of about 1:.75. Thats even more positive. If most of us operate on 75% of our usual monthly budget by streamlining, we would all have 6s and then we can start a 914-6 club. Just speaking from hypocarcy here.
+Quote Post
computers4kids
post Aug 5 2007, 10:28 PM
Post #28

Love these little cars!

Member No.: 4,253
Region Association: None

Jamie, Lou, and Coy & families...it was great to spend time with you and a great BBQ to boot! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/jsharp.gif) Jaimie...great score on the cars, I can't believe you didn't mention the set of 2.0 stainless exhchangers in the box or the new 043 mps or that what look like new AAR valve...hopefully that wasn't a secret! Big thanks to you and your wife for opening your home and providing a homeless 914 owner room and board. PS Please thank your son for giving up his room for the night!

I made it to Redding, CA today with the ugly duckling in tow. Your 914 sickness must be rubbing off. I'm sitting here in Denny's in Redding looking at the want ads trash paper for 914s--I'm sick. I'll have to post a few pictures on a new thread when I think no one on the board will see them.

I'm looking forward to getting home and installing a few toys on my 74 that I had ordered while on my 5 week RV trip through WA and Oregon--especially, the near perfect rear roll bar bad that I picked up...IT'S BEAUTIFUL! I've been looking for a couple years for one that nice.

Thanks again,
Mark
+Quote Post
JRust
post Aug 5 2007, 11:30 PM
Post #29

914 Guru

Mark bite your tongue! That was a secret (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) Glad you made it to redding without any trouble. It was a pleasure to have you in our home. You are welcome anytime.
I moved some 914's around today. Look how many fit in my shop (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
type47
post Aug 6 2007, 07:21 AM
Post #30

Viermeister

Member No.: 994
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

it looks like you have some room for another one in that floor space in front of the silver one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Coy
post Aug 6 2007, 10:53 AM
Post #31

Member No.: 5,537

That's awsome! Did you drive the orange one Sunday?
+Quote Post
computers4kids
post Aug 6 2007, 08:23 PM
Post #32

Love these little cars!

QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 5 2007, 10:30 PM) *

Mark bite your tongue! That was a secret (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) Glad you made it to redding without any trouble. It was a pleasure to have you in our home. You are welcome anytime.
I moved some 914's around today. Look how many fit in my shop (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

I love it! Looks like your'e trying to catch-up with Craig. Any luck getting in to the trunks or engine compartments?
+Quote Post
JRust
post Aug 12 2007, 11:11 PM
Post #33

914 Guru

Revised again! SO I have a guy come look at my current stock of 5 914's. I end up selling him my nice silver 2.0 I've been working on for a year. Kicker is he is going electric. SO I went over yesterday & pulled my good engine. Kinda sucked as I didn't plan on selling that car. I still have a 73 1.7 runner to drive though. Next thing I know I'm on the phone with a lady who has a 74 that has been sitting in her garage for the last 8 years. Drove it in the garage & it ran fine. Won't start now of course but I figure I can get it running no problem. It has been stored inside so that is a huge bonus. I ask alot of questions on the phone & she walks around the car telling me what I ask. Both trunks perfect no rust under the car on the pans. Battery tray completely intact but a little surface rust. Couple weird things. It is supposedly a 1.7 FI car. I was under the impression in 74 started with the 1.8? It also has a center console with gages. So a few things seem odd but she wants it gone. She says it needs to be towed as it won't start. Bottom line I bought it for $1200 over the phone sight unseen. The interior is supposed to be perfect except the dash is cracked (big surprise). Well I guess we'll see tommorow when I go pick it up if I blew it! I'll post some pics then
+Quote Post
Lou W
post Aug 13 2007, 01:39 AM
Post #34

"Here Kitty Kitty" my ass......

Member No.: 2,039
Region Association: Spain

QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 12 2007, 10:11 PM) *

Revised again! SO I have a guy come look at my current stock of 5 914's. I end up selling him my nice silver 2.0 I've been working on for a year. Kicker is he is going electric. SO I went over yesterday & pulled my good engine. Kinda sucked as I didn't plan on selling that car. I still have a 73 1.7 runner to drive though. Next thing I know I'm on the phone with a lady who has a 74 that has been sitting in her garage for the last 8 years. Drove it in the garage & it ran fine. Won't start now of course but I figure I can get it running no problem. It has been stored inside so that is a huge bonus. I ask alot of questions on the phone & she walks around the car telling me what I ask. Both trunks perfect no rust under the car on the pans. Battery tray completely intact but a little surface rust. Couple weird things. It is supposedly a 1.7 FI car. I was under the impression in 74 started with the 1.8? It also has a center console with gages. So a few things seem odd but she wants it gone. She says it needs to be towed as it won't start. Bottom line I bought it for $1200 over the phone sight unseen. The interior is supposed to be perfect except the dash is cracked (big surprise). Well I guess we'll see tommorow when I go pick it up if I blew it! I'll post some pics then

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Aug 13 2007, 09:11 AM
Post #35

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

you're going to be busy. start collecting boxes now.

k
+Quote Post
computers4kids
post Aug 13 2007, 08:49 PM
Post #36

Love these little cars!

QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 12 2007, 10:11 PM) *

YOU'RE SICK
+Quote Post
JRust
post Aug 14 2007, 12:45 AM
Post #37

914 Guru

Pics of my 74 1.8! It is very solid with one dent in the rear quarter. Otherwise she's a peach. The paint is old & there are a few chips with surface rust here & there. It was stored inside & all the seals are dang near perfect. Including the targa seal (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) The floor pans look great along with both trunks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) . The battery tray is completely there with some suface rust around it. Best shape I've ever had as far as the tray & the surrounding area. I threw in my Optima battery, Checked the oil & tried to start it. Turned over fine but wouldn't fire. I'll get into that more later in the week. I'm afraid it will be a few days before I have much time. Anyway overall a great score (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 05:09 PM