Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

> A definitive classification/scoring system -does one exist?
1970 Neun vierzehn
post Aug 9 2007, 07:58 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,727

Besides the conundrum that seems to persist with regards to how and where our 914s are classified within PCA Concours (Preservation, Restoration, Improved/Modified), does a hard and fast guideline exist for determining specific faults, infractions or demerits and their exact impact on scoring? Cleanliness and originality can be pretty much quantified but what about the severity of our "flaws"? To wit, will I lose the same amount of points for Euro T/L lenses as I would for 195/60 series tires? Does an aftermarket radio amass the same penalty as an aftermarket steering wheel? Will a radio installation w/o an antenna be deemed as significant a flaw as the fitment of H-4 H/Ls in place of sealed beam items? Does a fire extinguisher mounting bracket precipitate the loss of points equivalent to a cracked dashboard top? And speaking of dashboard tops, does one crack carry the same burden of point loss as one with three or four flaws perhaps? Does a missing engine bay sticker burden the car as much as the wrong ignition coil might?

I'm sure the pat answer (pun intended), would be "original always trumps all else", but if a person were to concede a point loss on an item, the question is, is there a specific value assigned or is it all broadly categorized into "wheels and tires", "interior", "exterior trim", etc., etc.?

Paul
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 11:44 AM