Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I'm looking for a 914 friendly State., Which State is the best?
rhodyguy
post Aug 19 2007, 10:51 AM
Post #41

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

washington is pretty easy. no emission tests for my 914s. i forget the cutoff year. with a car that requires a test, as long as you pass, there's no visual inspection. collector plates are a flat $35 one time fee. they come with restrictions. no errand driving (riiiight), to and from events or shows only (riiiight),..."i'm trying to dial in my carbs officer" will be my excuse if i ever get pulled over. one of perry's umbrella tops solves the parking in the rain issue. little or no de-icing during the winter. cloudy days cut down on the dash top cracking. it rains all the time, mark/computersfor kids will confirm this. please, move to so-cal and enjoy the sunny weather.

k
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
slim72914
post Aug 19 2007, 11:21 AM
Post #42

Member No.: 7,874

AZ is good. If you get your car insured as a "classic" car you have no inspections at all. Not sure about the price of tags... cant get a registration till I can prove the car exists, which is hard when it is on jackstands... Also it only rains for about 10 days a year and they are all in August when it is too hot to drive with no AC anyway.... No road salt though!
+Quote Post
JPB
post Aug 19 2007, 12:53 PM
Post #43

The Crimson Rocket smiles in your general direction.

Member No.: 5,107

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 18 2007, 04:18 PM) *

And did I mention insurance? It costs a minimum of $4000 a year for each car over 25 years old and that's just for liability. (The lawyers here are ruthless) The weather sucks and the air is bad. STAY THE FUCK AWAY. You'll hate it here, I guarantee it.

Yoooooooou! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 04:48 AM