Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: Caution - RANT, Is there no end to bureaucratic stupidity?
JPB
post Aug 26 2007, 08:08 AM
Post #21

The Crimson Rocket smiles in your general direction.

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,107

To answer your question, YES we are always at one end or the other of the red tape burocrap stupidity. As you are experiencing which most of us nonconnected folks do, you are at the ASS END of the process. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

If I had a plan, it would be to run it without any paper work until they come and get you to which point you can say with a bewildered face, "Really, I didn't know that?" Then they would help you hand and foot. Since you are in Califooooonia, you have no worries because they are the most tolerent, loving, caring, helpfull, and open minded folks in the whole country right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
So.Cal.914
post Aug 26 2007, 08:11 AM
Post #22

"...And it has a front trunk too."

Member No.: 1,658
Region Association: None

QUOTE(byndbad914 @ Aug 25 2007, 10:41 PM) *

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Aug 24 2007, 06:30 AM) *

I worked in property development for many years, I could be wrong but it sounds like your friend pissed them off. I've seen it before. He needs to meet with the man in charge at the building dept. and be humble. Ask him what 'He' needs to see this permit thru. It has worked for me.

hmm, yeah he is a pretty cool headed dude so I don't think he would have ticked them off. His WIFE on the other hand (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) she may have lipped off a time or two for all I know.

He went down a couple months ago, then wrote a letter and basically ended up having a special person finally assigned to make sure the plans get checked once, changes noted and that should be it. The permit wasn't the issue originally, it was that somehow the way the foundation was layed out is different for a couple types of construction (I, as you can tell, know wholelottanuthin 'bout this stuff) and apparently the plans had one type of construction and the other type of foundation, and it was cleared, permit granted, etc. He hacks the house down, digs for the new foundation and an inspector swung by and realized it was wrong.

Been a year and really he went back to the architect and had it redone with the right foundation, then they started nit-picking crap that has nothing to do with it and every time he goes back they decide there is a couple more things they don't like.

All that stuff was fine a year ago, and apparently the foundation update was fine too.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)

Yup, sounds like someone pissed someone off. The bummer is if he

dosen't "smooth" it over as he starts building he will need inspections on the

foundation, undergrounds, framing, shearwall, lathing. etc. If they (Building Dept)

still don't like him they can find endless things to tag him on.

I am not saying your friend is a bad guy, anyone that has to deal with 'The City'

and dosen't want to "throttle" them at every opportunity, was probably there to

get a dog licence.
+Quote Post
JPB
post Aug 26 2007, 08:34 AM
Post #23

The Crimson Rocket smiles in your general direction.

Member No.: 5,107

All one has to say is,"How much will it cost to pass inspection?" Its a magical line that will get you everywhere with inspectors. Plan for a percentage of the building costs in this system. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

-"Don't sweat the petty stuff my brother, rather, pet the sweaty stuff."

AAAaaah yes, words to live by, by: JPB
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 03:41 PM