Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> If you had a weber progressive, would you buy these?, 'professionally rebuilt' weber 40IDF's
Jake Raby
post Aug 28 2007, 04:17 PM
Post #21

Engine Surgeon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

I have been doing test work for the largest Weber dealer in the US on the new carbs. The failure rate on them is about 60%, the biggest and most widely found issues are throttle bores that are not round causing bound up butterflies as well as porous castings that leak fuel both internally and externally.

We have to use these carbs on our engines so it is important that we find the issues as well as make our client aware of the issues so they can scream at Weber and make them take their parts back.

From now on any carbs that we sell will be bolted to an engine and ran on the dyno prior to being shipped, this will cost a few more bucks and will slow the order down but with a failure rate @ 60% and so many carbs with issues in circulation right now it is mandatory.

Here are some of the casting flaws that we found yesterday with a brand new Weber 44mm carb.

Attached Image
Attached Image

Fat performance has been building racing T-4 engines for as long as some T-4 engine builders have been alive

That is true, however they were not called upon to find the source of these carburetor issues and provide a solution to them. This solution will benefit every single VW/ Porsche enthusiast that buys a set of Weber carbs in the future.

The guys at FAT are great, and I am proud to have them as a true competitor.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
purple
post Aug 28 2007, 07:02 PM
Post #22

Pigeon feeders attract me

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,942
Region Association: None

well, i lost sleep over the deal, and the guy returned the money because his paypal isnt set up correctly. I'm just not ready for this yet, i'll get more into the car and fixing more important things along the way....good thing he returned the money because I really can't afford this right now... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

maybe as a casob 914 owner i can fab a carb out of a trash can and some boxtops.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 07:32 PM