Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> firewall, will a 72 fire wall fit on my 73
martin914
post Sep 1 2007, 01:11 PM
Post #1

martin914

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,987

hi everyone the firewall (behind the seat ) on my 73 is rusted out pretty bad i found a 72 firewall in perfect shape dont ask me why the rest of the car is rotten everywhere maybe because it does not have a engine side insulator anyway i want to know if it will fit thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hwgunner
post Sep 1 2007, 02:04 PM
Post #2

914 Parts @ Discount Prices 800.321.5432

Member No.: 3,095
Region Association: None

It will fit. If you get down into the holes at the bottom though the holes on a 72 are a little different than the holes on the 73. I know for sure that the shift rod bushing at the firewall changed between the 72 and 73 model years. If you do use the bottom piece from the 72 they do make a "conversion" bushing to convert an early car to side shift and this conversion bushing would solve this one problem for you. Not sre about he rest of the penetrations for fuel, breaks, clutch accelerator wire harness etc.

+Quote Post
martin914
post Sep 2 2007, 11:49 AM
Post #3

martin914

Member No.: 4,987

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif)
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Sep 1 2007, 12:04 PM) *

It will fit. If you get down into the holes at the bottom though the holes on a 72 are a little different than the holes on the 73. I know for sure that the shift rod bushing at the firewall changed between the 72 and 73 model years. If you do use the bottom piece from the 72 they do make a "conversion" bushing to convert an early car to side shift and this conversion bushing would solve this one problem for you. Not sre about he rest of the penetrations for fuel, breaks, clutch accelerator wire harness etc.

thanks jonathan i will use only the top part where it meets with the engine shelve
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 09:35 AM