Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: firewall
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
martin914
hi everyone the firewall (behind the seat ) on my 73 is rusted out pretty bad i found a 72 firewall in perfect shape dont ask me why the rest of the car is rotten everywhere maybe because it does not have a engine side insulator anyway i want to know if it will fit thanks
hwgunner
It will fit. If you get down into the holes at the bottom though the holes on a 72 are a little different than the holes on the 73. I know for sure that the shift rod bushing at the firewall changed between the 72 and 73 model years. If you do use the bottom piece from the 72 they do make a "conversion" bushing to convert an early car to side shift and this conversion bushing would solve this one problem for you. Not sre about he rest of the penetrations for fuel, breaks, clutch accelerator wire harness etc.

martin914
sawzall-smiley.gif
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Sep 1 2007, 12:04 PM) *

It will fit. If you get down into the holes at the bottom though the holes on a 72 are a little different than the holes on the 73. I know for sure that the shift rod bushing at the firewall changed between the 72 and 73 model years. If you do use the bottom piece from the 72 they do make a "conversion" bushing to convert an early car to side shift and this conversion bushing would solve this one problem for you. Not sre about he rest of the penetrations for fuel, breaks, clutch accelerator wire harness etc.

thanks jonathan i will use only the top part where it meets with the engine shelve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.