Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> time for A HERO?, more trans prob... (o_O)
mrhurtalot
post Sep 15 2007, 02:50 AM
Post #1

VRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOM!

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,996

so i get the car all back together, the shop (Bob Dumont in OKC) told me everything worked when tested (hmm, same shop told me that the gears became "frozen" because i didnt put oil in them fast enough after i got it back....)

trans. reinstall is cake to me by now, so i know i didnt bork anything.

i try to fire her up. Fuel SPRAYS everywhere, okay, injector hose leaking, no biggie, i cut new hose, and replace. car starts fine. sounds amazing, forgot how much i missed it.

drive around the block, completely fine.

i drive to the gas station, i notice that i have no 4th or 5th gears; IE: when i shift to "4th" it goes into 2nd and "5th" is just third. no problem, i turn around and head home.

at this point, i havent even driven a mile. and ive gone ~35 most the way.

im probably about 500 feet from my neighborhood, and the entire transmission gives out. no gears, no power, but the car stays on. and theres a terrible racket (like rumbling, sort of like one of those old rock tumbler toy things) coming from the tranny.

whats the PROBABLE diagnosis, and what should i do about it?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 04:17 PM