Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: time for A HERO?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mrhurtalot
so i get the car all back together, the shop (Bob Dumont in OKC) told me everything worked when tested (hmm, same shop told me that the gears became "frozen" because i didnt put oil in them fast enough after i got it back....)

trans. reinstall is cake to me by now, so i know i didnt bork anything.

i try to fire her up. Fuel SPRAYS everywhere, okay, injector hose leaking, no biggie, i cut new hose, and replace. car starts fine. sounds amazing, forgot how much i missed it.

drive around the block, completely fine.

i drive to the gas station, i notice that i have no 4th or 5th gears; IE: when i shift to "4th" it goes into 2nd and "5th" is just third. no problem, i turn around and head home.

at this point, i havent even driven a mile. and ive gone ~35 most the way.

im probably about 500 feet from my neighborhood, and the entire transmission gives out. no gears, no power, but the car stays on. and theres a terrible racket (like rumbling, sort of like one of those old rock tumbler toy things) coming from the tranny.

whats the PROBABLE diagnosis, and what should i do about it?
So.Cal.914

My diagnosis? Your fuched...Buy a new one.

Did you check to see if your CV's are tight? If one let go you would have catastrofic loss of power and (((Noise))). Your 3rd 5th...thing, could be just adjustment. Happened to me. smile.gif
Eric_Shea
Take Bob Dumass to small claims court.
degreeoff
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Sep 15 2007, 04:35 AM) *

My diagnosis? Your fuched...Buy a new one.

Did you check to see if your CV's are tight? If one let go you would have catastrofic loss of power and (((Noise))). Your 3rd 5th...thing, could be just adjustment. Happened to me. smile.gif

agree.gif
DNHunt
Miss adjusted shift rod to shift lever may explain no 4th , 5th. (I hate that adjustment). Checking the CV joints is sure fast and easy and the most likely cause of the noise and lack of motivation. After that you're probably fuched.

Dave
mrhurtalot
when you say fuched, what do you mean? (i know what you are alluding to.)

and the trans "should be fine" because he opened the case and checked all the gears and said they looked great....

the cvs should be tight because i just put them back in. but ill check them when i go home again.

my friend allen said he would take my trans. and give me one hes got. so that would be really nice. i jsut want my money back from dumonts, they are supposed to be a porsche LTD shop. and when i went in there were 911 and 956s and 944s all over the place. i just dont see how/why he wouldnt do it right.
RoninEclipse2G
No 4th or 5th? linkage adjustment

no power and sudden sound like a rock tumbler? definitely a CV came loose and was banging around.

I'd bet money on it, and I don't bet unless I know I'm gonna win

happened to the creamsicle while my wife was driving, beat the hell outta the heat riser.

hopefully the joint didn't get damaged they're made of unobtanium, we were lucky
mrhurtalot
well, thats what i had done back in may. and yes, the joint was destroyed.

but allen gave me a new axle, and i fitted it and just got the car going for the first time. and this shiiiiit happened.

whats the procedure for linkage adjustment? i assume its in the cabin right?

ill call my dad and have him check the cv later today, im at UNI and home is about 20 min away.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.