Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Couple of electrical questions.
Cevan
post Sep 17 2007, 09:23 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,351

I think my high beam relay is failing. Last night the high beams stayed on and would not go off. I did not hear the relay switching. About a week ago, it wouldn't switch to high beams. In between it worked fine. Any advice on dissecting the relay and if it's not fixable, where to get a new one. Will this one work? It's the same part (111 941 583).

Second issue is that when the key is out of the ignition, activating the directional stalk either right or left will turn on the corresponding turn signals (front and back). Is this supposed to happen?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
pin31
post Sep 17 2007, 09:54 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,492
Region Association: North East States

I'm not sure of your part number without looking it up....go to Pelican Parts or Auto Atlanta and make sure you get the correct relay...should solve your problem.

2nd question..Yes the turn sign is designed to stay on.

Tim
+Quote Post
Oled
post Sep 17 2007, 10:09 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 247

European traffic laws required lights on the side of the car next totraffic if a car is stopped on a road.

By the way, if you have a front or tail light wired wrong, stopping the car with the turn signal on will prevent turning off the mototr with your key.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 04:24 PM