Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 Factory Chassis Ride Height specs, Garveys 'Rag' Challenge
JeffBowlsby
post Sep 21 2007, 02:36 PM
Post #1

914 Wiring Harnesses

Group: Members
Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

A. What are the complete factory specs for the correct 914 Porsche chassis ride height? Indicate the chassis ride height specifications for each 914 model year, market (e.g. USA vs Europe) and 914/4, 914/6, if there were any differences. Include photos or a scan of the factory documentation of the specs in your response to this topic. (Hint: The factory specs did change during production - not all 914s should be the same) Factory 916, 914/8 and race cars are exempt from this listing.

B. Clearly indicate the points/surfaces the measurements are taken from.

C. What factory equipment must a 914 have installed to assure that the chassis ride height and suspension geometry are factory correct?

This data should be of immense importance to any decent concours person, and I hope to win them thar' rags, or split them with Wolfgang. Get them ready to ship Pat...(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Sep 21 2007, 08:49 PM
Post #2

Do I or don't I...........?

Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Sep 21 2007, 02:36 PM) *

A. What are the complete factory specs for the correct 914 Porsche chassis ride height? Indicate the chassis ride height specifications for each 914 model year, market (e.g. USA vs Europe) and 914/4, 914/6, if there were any differences. Include photos or a scan of the factory documentation of the specs in your response to this topic. (Hint: The factory specs did change during production - not all 914s should be the same) Factory 916, 914/8 and race cars are exempt from this listing.

B. Clearly indicate the points/surfaces the measurements are taken from.

C. What factory equipment must a 914 have installed to assure that the chassis ride height and suspension geometry are factory correct?

This data should be of immense importance to any decent concours person, and I hope to win them thar' rags, or split them with Wolfgang. Get them ready to ship Pat...(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I know SOME of the answers, but since I won't participate (so others can learn), my mouth is zippered (not easy for me).

The Great Bowslby has already won 10 of the "magic rags", just for being the first to come up with a really GOOD topic by the terms of the "challenge". Can he make it thirty? I make the rules. So I can give out what I want, when I want.

That's the challenge! You never know - there might be extra goodies!

BTW - this post does not count towards total posts.

Good, high tech stuff Jeff!

Thanks!!!!!!

User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
1970 Neun vierzehn
post Sep 21 2007, 09:41 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,727

Partial information for '70-'72 914/4, US version:

Car should have correct tire pressures, alignment, full fuel tank, spare tire and should be on a flat, level surface.

The ride height is the distance of the outside hub center minus 85-95mm. The ride height is then the distance between the level ground surface and the center of the front torsion bar, where the ride height is to be adjusted. The left and right side height spec should vary no more than 5mm.

I think this topic belongs in the "Garage" where the details can be expounded upon.

Paul (I really miss having my 914 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) )
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 09:10 AM