Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Transmission Oil leak at the shifter console, the rod that goes into the tranny...
purple
post Sep 25 2007, 10:19 AM
Post #1

Pigeon feeders attract me

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,942
Region Association: None

Hey Guys, I have yet another issue in this little car... who knew something so simple could have so much go wrong on it?

I have noticed lately that every time I go for a ride, however short, after I park there is a small oil slick under the car. Looks like about a capful of oil comes out of the transmission at the shifter console, as far as I can tell.

The angle drive has a drip too, but it's not major, the console has what I think is the major leak. The wierd part though is that the drip from the angle drive is nasty black oil, and the stuff from what I think is the console is nice and new looking, like the engine oil....wait a minute... shit, i have an engine oil leak now too i guess

anyway, if it's nasty black oil from the angle drive, and i can see nasty black oil off the console, that's tranny oil, right?

The cleanish oil is from the engine. That means i've got a big engine oil leak?

Shit

Well, i was going to replace the oil seal at the shifter console, anyone have any advice on this? Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 01:57 PM