Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Another 3.0 liter swap, Please clarify a few things.
914chris
post Oct 10 2007, 03:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,701
Region Association: None

I have an original 2.0 liter six. I bought a 3.0 liter with webers and am going to do the swap. I have researched this forum and what to confirm/clarify if I am getting things right.
From what I understand I need to do the following:

1) Get a flywheel/clutch setup from Kennedy. Can I use the 3.0 liter flywheel with an adapter? It is a 9 bolt flywheel. Is there a reason to use the flywheel from Kennedy, over the adapter ring gear? I have read that the Kennedy flywheel is welded up and re-drilled, not sure if I want to go that way.

2) Modify the 3.0 liter oil cooler with a 90 degree to clear the trailing arm. Is the 3.0 liter cooler different than my cooler from the stock 2.0? Do I need the engine cooler even if I want to add a front mounted cooler? Will I need a front mounted cooler?

3) Do I need to modify the throttle linkage on the 3.0 liter? It came out of a 911. I would think I need some of my linkage parts from the original six, but not sure.

I plan to upgrade the fuel lines in the tunnel with the stainless setup from one of the guys on the board.
Is there anything else I should do while I have things apart?

Thanks for you help.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:59 AM