Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> New 914 owner =], First 914 & First Car
OmegaM1A1
post Oct 14 2007, 10:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,229

Hey all. My name's Mike, I'm 16, and I was just given my very own (albeit not completely working) 914. It's my dad's and my project car, and I need to know where I might be able to get some parts and what kind of parts I might need. The car will run after we get a new part (I think it's a CV joint or coupling piece or something like that, on the transaxle), and then we need new tail light assemblies to register it and make it streetable.

The part we need, as I said, is a CV joint, coupling, or something like that. Basically, the problem was that a pin somewhere between the transmission and the drive wheels broke, so we took it to the local Völkswagen/Porsche shop and they replaced the pin. Needless to say, the pin broke again because it got sheared by the joint, just like last time. So rather than replacing just the pin, we need to also replace whatever is cutting it. Any ideas/suggestions? I don't have easy access to the car (or pictures, sorry), so I can't get you pictures of a specific area in any timely fashion (The car is 10mi north of my house, I have a pretty busy schedule, and no working car (as the 914 IS my car.))

Thanks.

-Omega

EDIT:

Oh, I forgot to mention that it's a '74 914 2.0L, 4cyl.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 11:54 PM