Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Did the targa trim change over the years?
jd74914
post Oct 21 2007, 07:49 PM
Post #1

Its alive

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,659
Region Association: North East States

Ok guys, so I'm putting my '74 back together. The car had vinyl on it, and the trim that goes of the bottom of the vinyl (see picture) is wider than the trim on my brother's '70.

Mine is also held on with rivets and a slide lock thingie (my dad said his '70 had this too) but my brother's doesn't. His trim is held on by a little clip that pops into a hole in the body. When you want to remover his you just squeeze the clip and it pops out. Sorry I don't have any pictures of his, but are both of ours stock trim?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jd74914
post Oct 21 2007, 07:51 PM
Post #2

Its alive

I forgot the picture, here it is

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Oct 21 2007, 08:16 PM
Post #3

Do I or don't I...........?

Member No.: 5,765

QUOTE(jd74914 @ Oct 21 2007, 07:49 PM) *

Ok guys, so I'm putting my '74 back together. The car had vinyl on it, and the trim that goes of the bottom of the vinyl (see picture) is wider than the trim on my brother's '70.

Mine is also held on with rivets and a slide lock thingie (my dad said his '70 had this too) but my brother's doesn't. His trim is held on by a little clip that pops into a hole in the body. When you want to remover his you just squeeze the clip and it pops out. Sorry I don't have any pictures of his, but are both of ours stock trim?

I thought they were ALL the same, with the "slide lock thingie". Are you sure that you're "little clip" isn't the same thing?

I've also never seen anything but the same narrow trim on the bottom of the vinyl.

Can you show us the difference?
Pat
+Quote Post
jd74914
post Oct 21 2007, 10:23 PM
Post #4

Its alive

My '74 has the slide lock . . . my brother's '70 doesn't. I'm pretty sure his trim is original because his car definitely has its original paint and the sail panels aren't completely covered in paint (as seen on some factory sail vinyl cars).

His attaches like I drew below . . . you squeeze the fastener from the back and then pop it through the hole to take it off.

His trim also is about a 1/4 in narrower than my trim (which has the standard slide lock).

Sorry for the bad drawing, I'll take a picture when I go home. I don't even have a picture of the car on this computer to compare sizes with.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 05:07 PM