Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> a weber problem. one carb only, 40idf
rhodyguy
post Oct 27 2007, 08:45 AM
Post #1

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

i'm stumped. at idle, i get a pulsing of fuel out of both of the accelerator pump jets on the pass side carb. they do not not leak with the engine off, with the key in the first position and the fuel pump engaged. driver's side does not exibit this. it occurs whether the linkage is hooked up or not, and the engine is idling. valves adjusted. i've been thru the setup proceedure repeatedly. side to side carb flow is balanced.

give me some ideas. the actuating arm is not bound on the cam and moves freely. so...incorrect float adj? stuck diaphram or one of the check balls missing or stuck? looking at the cutaway diagram on p58 of the cb book shows a good view of the circuit. there can only be so many issues.

i contacted the outfit that rebuild my carbs. their diagnosis was tight intake valves and the back pressure upon compression was forcing the fuel out. that didn't make any sense to me.

k
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 06:33 PM