Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Heater Control help, It is getting cold
por73914
post Nov 7 2007, 09:40 AM
Post #1

I don't know what the hell I am doing...

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,660

Ok, my heater works-kinda. The fan in the rear works correctly and I am going to add a second fan this weekend. The problem is the dash controls are funky. If I move all three to the right I preaty much get cold air. Move the defrost to the left and the top two right I get a hot cold combo (cold defrost-warm floor) Move levers to max defrost ( top levers left bottom lever right) I get cold on the floor-warm on pass defrost cold drivers defrost. The botom and middle lever will not go all the way to the left, they feel like they are binding up on something. Of all the Porsches I ahve owned this teener is the only one that has some heat but I would like it to work correctly. Any help? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
Thanks
Paul
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 6)
Bartlett 914
post Nov 7 2007, 09:59 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,707
Region Association: Upper MidWest

The lever by the shifter opens the flapper boxes to allow heat. Fully back turns on the blower.

Top lever on the heat controls supplies fresh air. All the way to the right and the fresh air fan comes on.

Middle lever controls where the fresh air is distributed. To the left, fresh air goes down. To the right, fresh air goes to the windshield.

Bottom lever controls where the warm air is distributed. To the left, Warm air goes down. To the right, Warm air goes to the windshield.
+Quote Post
por73914
post Nov 7 2007, 10:36 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Nov 7 2007, 09:59 AM) *

The lever by the shifter opens the flapper boxes to allow heat. Fully back turns on the blower.

Top lever on the heat controls supplies fresh air. All the way to the right and the fresh air fan comes on.

Middle lever controls where the fresh air is distributed. To the left, fresh air goes down. To the right, fresh air goes to the windshield.

Bottom lever controls where the warm air is distributed. To the left, Warm air goes down. To the right, Warm air goes to the windshield.

So top lever to the left should close all fresh air? I do not belive I am shutting off all the outside fresh air. Thanks for your reply!
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Nov 7 2007, 11:20 AM
Post #4

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

the foam seals on the mixing valves may be gone, as in not sealing. 2 top levers fully to the left. left or right on the bottom lever to defrost vents or under dash.

k
+Quote Post
Cevan
post Nov 7 2007, 11:29 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 7,351

Just to add my 2 cents: The top lever on the dash has 3 fan speed positions. Half way across is low, all the way to the right is high speed, and in between the two is medium. Also, my heater fan comes on before the lever is all the way back. What triggers the heater fan to come on?
+Quote Post
por73914
post Nov 7 2007, 11:48 AM
Post #6

Thanks Guys-I will see what I can workout tonight.
+Quote Post
Bartlett 914
post Nov 7 2007, 11:49 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,707
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(Cevan @ Nov 7 2007, 09:29 AM) *

Just to add my 2 cents: The top lever on the dash has 3 fan speed positions. Half way across is low, all the way to the right is high speed, and in between the two is medium. Also, my heater fan comes on before the is all the way back. What triggers the heater fan to come on?

It is a contact in the lever. You may have a damaged wire to the lever and it is making contact (grounding) to something.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 06:06 AM