Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater Control help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
por73914
Ok, my heater works-kinda. The fan in the rear works correctly and I am going to add a second fan this weekend. The problem is the dash controls are funky. If I move all three to the right I preaty much get cold air. Move the defrost to the left and the top two right I get a hot cold combo (cold defrost-warm floor) Move levers to max defrost ( top levers left bottom lever right) I get cold on the floor-warm on pass defrost cold drivers defrost. The botom and middle lever will not go all the way to the left, they feel like they are binding up on something. Of all the Porsches I ahve owned this teener is the only one that has some heat but I would like it to work correctly. Any help? confused24.gif

driving.gif
Thanks
Paul
Bartlett 914
The lever by the shifter opens the flapper boxes to allow heat. Fully back turns on the blower.

Top lever on the heat controls supplies fresh air. All the way to the right and the fresh air fan comes on.

Middle lever controls where the fresh air is distributed. To the left, fresh air goes down. To the right, fresh air goes to the windshield.

Bottom lever controls where the warm air is distributed. To the left, Warm air goes down. To the right, Warm air goes to the windshield.
por73914
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Nov 7 2007, 09:59 AM) *

The lever by the shifter opens the flapper boxes to allow heat. Fully back turns on the blower.

Top lever on the heat controls supplies fresh air. All the way to the right and the fresh air fan comes on.

Middle lever controls where the fresh air is distributed. To the left, fresh air goes down. To the right, fresh air goes to the windshield.

Bottom lever controls where the warm air is distributed. To the left, Warm air goes down. To the right, Warm air goes to the windshield.

So top lever to the left should close all fresh air? I do not belive I am shutting off all the outside fresh air. Thanks for your reply!
rhodyguy
the foam seals on the mixing valves may be gone, as in not sealing. 2 top levers fully to the left. left or right on the bottom lever to defrost vents or under dash.

k
Cevan
Just to add my 2 cents: The top lever on the dash has 3 fan speed positions. Half way across is low, all the way to the right is high speed, and in between the two is medium. Also, my heater fan comes on before the lever is all the way back. What triggers the heater fan to come on?
por73914
Thanks Guys-I will see what I can workout tonight.
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(Cevan @ Nov 7 2007, 09:29 AM) *

Just to add my 2 cents: The top lever on the dash has 3 fan speed positions. Half way across is low, all the way to the right is high speed, and in between the two is medium. Also, my heater fan comes on before the is all the way back. What triggers the heater fan to come on?

It is a contact in the lever. You may have a damaged wire to the lever and it is making contact (grounding) to something.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.