Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Help Wanted, 74 chassis to 87 engine electrics.
Mike Knox
post Nov 12 2007, 03:04 PM
Post #1

MikeTuba

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,258
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I am working on installing an 87 Carrera 3.2 in my 1974. The engine is in, all the linkages are hooked up. But the electric just scares me to death. Everytime I look at it I freeze up and try to find something else to do.

I planned my conversion to keep the DME circuitry, so that's mounted in the rear trunk. I did it that way, because my 914 has Recaro seats, and I was wary of the clearances. I took out the 914 relay board. I got the Patrick Motorsports "Plug 'n Play" module, and I've studied Clay Perrine's wiring diagram.

Here's my questions:

The "Plug 'n Play" module has green and black wires at one end and red and white at the other. Which end goes to the chassis and which to the engine? Where do the green/black wires go? Where do the red/white wires go?

There are a myriad of other wires and connectors, where do they all go? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Is there any one in the Pacific Northwest or Ecotopia (California down to San Francisco) who can help me out? I can even arrange to bring the car by trailer to you if it would help.

I'd like to get this car done by WCC time so I can meet all of you. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

Here's a photo of my car:

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 08:23 AM