Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Ready for Paint (Well almost), Need advice
2-OH!
post Dec 31 2003, 02:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,253

2-OH! is stripped down, sanded, rust cleaned up (well almost), ready for some weld repair and paint...

I am going to put POR15 on several rust-o-ration spots that have been ground down to just acne...

Most threads here, and the can itself, say to use "Metal Ready" first, on bare metal then use the POR 15...

My problem is that they say to rinse with water after the "Metal Ready"...I don't want to introduce water to my bare metal, especially in hard to reach places i.e... inside the longs...

Am I reading the instructions wrong or is that the way to do it...Any other ideas...How do you coat your rust areas after grinding, welding and New "Restoration Design" pieces installed...

2-OH!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
2-OH!   Ready for Paint (Well almost)   Dec 31 2003, 02:33 PM
Brad Roberts   You shoot the metal ready "everywhere".. so cover ...   Dec 31 2003, 02:37 PM
SirAndy   the rinse with water is for areas where you want t...   Dec 31 2003, 02:40 PM
ArtechnikA  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:49 AM