Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Our best estimate of how many USA 914s survive in 2007, Save the 914!
woobn8r
post Jan 16 2008, 10:10 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,435
Region Association: None

When I worked for Mazda Canada (and at Hyundai Canada), we used a company "R.L.POLK" for market research. they used to compile every registered VIN in Canada, and provide a report that was by model/year/postal code.

They may have been bought out by "Derossiers" or another company who's name escapes me....

Might be worth some digging....

I'm sure it cost $$$, but it does exist here. There must be somthing similar in the USA.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GWN7
post Jan 17 2008, 11:10 AM
Post #42

King of Road Trips

Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

I've compiled a list of CDN motor vehicle departments address's for all provinces (except for BC) and I am in the process of sending them all request letters like I did for Manitoba. I did the one for Quebec in French. Hopefully they will all respond like Manitoba did and provide serial numbers along with the year.
+Quote Post
1970 Neun vierzehn
post Jan 17 2008, 03:44 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,727

QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Nov 20 2007, 08:44 AM) *

I just got off the phone with the folks at the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
Unfortunately I was not able to obtain a list of VINs, but they were able to tell me the total number of 914 registrations from Jan. 01, 2007 thru Oct. 31, 2007.
That number is....98!

Paul

I just finished a phone conversation with the (believe it or not) nice woman at the Ohio BMV that I talked to this past November. The total number of license registrations (new or renewal) for Ohio titled 914s still stands at 98.

I asked if there was a way to secure the VINs for said registrations, and she said that without a "special program", they (the BMV) would not be able to do so, and that such a "special program" would not be available. I further asked if it were possible for me to personally go to Columbus (Ohio) and do the search, to which she indicated that "that would not be possible".

At least we do know the exact number of legally titled and registered 914s in Ohio for the year 2007. How many are undergoing restoration, are tucked away in garages unlicensed, are languishing under tarps behind garages, are parts donors or are slowly returning their carbon based metals to earth in some forgotten field is a number that would be pure conjecture on my part.

One of these "lost" 914 souls.......

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
johannes
post Feb 5 2008, 10:35 AM
Post #44

Club Porsche 914 France President

Member No.: 5,409
Region Association: France

I have the figures for Germany

1297 Cars stil registred in 2007 ... but I dont know how many were sold ... But you can be sure that most of European 914 were sold in Germany.
http://www.914-club.de/pages/aktuell.html

Here I have figures for France
2016 Cars sold but no Idea how many survived ... At the club we think 400
http://club914.fr/ventes.htm

Here are the figures for Italy
2520 Cars Sold but no Idea how many survived ...

Other remarks:

We see more and more US re-imported 914 in Europe ... USD VS Euro rate makes the 914 very cheap for us.
http://eng.autoscout24.com/home/index/list...&sort=price

Auto Atlanta is shipping Catalogs all over the world ... so the figures will not tell you anything about US market.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 12:29 PM