Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anyone have the location for a hood crest, May or may not do it
shelby/914
post Nov 15 2007, 10:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,655
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

My car is going in for paint next week and I may put a Porsche crest on it. I would like to see some pictures or measurments of where others have placed them. And yes I know they did not come with one but it may look good on a black car.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
johannes
post Nov 16 2007, 03:14 AM
Post #2

Club Porsche 914 France President

Member No.: 5,409
Region Association: France

Best place for the crest is ... on your desk ...

My opinion.
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Nov 16 2007, 08:17 AM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418
Region Association: None

QUOTE(johannes @ Nov 16 2007, 02:14 AM) *

My opinion.

I second that! Porsche never cared enough for the 914s to add a hood badge so why should we??
+Quote Post
Krimee Ariver
post Nov 16 2007, 09:08 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 5,006

pelican or ebay (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
JRust
post Nov 16 2007, 09:10 AM
Post #5

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I've seen a few on the back between the tailights. I kinda liked that
+Quote Post
PRS914-6
post Nov 16 2007, 09:57 AM
Post #6

Excellence Magazine Project 914 3.6

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 6,031

The easiest way to get a rise out of people around here is discuss badges and reflectors. Kinda like talking about what oil is best.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

They never came on the car originally. Either did big brakes, big motors, fancy gauges, aftermarket seats or custom exhaust systems but most everyone here does so without a thought and I see no difference.

My opinion......do what you like, enjoy your car and build it the way YOU like. The exception would be a Concours car.

Since you want to see it on a black car.....
Attached Image

And those nasty reflectors too..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif)

Attached Image
+Quote Post
woobn8r
post Nov 16 2007, 10:03 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 7,435

QUOTE(johannes @ Nov 16 2007, 04:14 AM) *

My opinion.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) ...Okay, I know you didn't ask for it, but here comes my little rant...

Why do we need logo's and badges on everything? Did you forget what kind of car you drive and need a reminder? Are we so insecure in life we need to wear a badge that advertises our joining the masses? ..."Levis" Jeans, "Nike" shoes, "Harry Rosen" and even "Crocs"......I always thought it was funny when the guy with the 2.5 foot "Rockford-Fosgate" sticker on his windshield had his stereo stolen....It pays to advertise.

We seem to have sold out to the great Marketing machine....we advertise their stuff and we PAY for the privilidge! Just look at most of the "ricers" and how many logos you can count on them....

One of the great things about the 914 is the fact that this fantastic car had "questionable" linneage in the PORSCHE snob circles....(hence the whole NARP thing)...this meant that all the "posers" had to buy 911s to get the prestige of the Marque....(I think this was at it's zeinth in the "80s Disco era). Many people still must stand behing a PORSCHE badge to prove they are a "real sports car person"....In my eye anyone can buy a PORSCHE....not everyone has the true passion for one.

I suppose some people buy thier 914 to tell others they own a PORSCHE...personally, I could care less who made it, as It is a fantastic fun car that grants many "smiles per hour"....the fact that it is a Porsche/VW is a quiet understatement that gives me personal peace of mind...

So should the emphasis of our cars be a hood badge or a sticker...maybe it should be a well maintained sports car with clean lines, purposeful modifications and obvious care that speaks to our passion? You decide.

Unless you're a CW or racing (and being paid to promote through sponsorship) I can't see a reason to blemish the beautiful lines of our cars...Who do you need to impress? If someone needs to see a badge to be impressed with your 914, you don't want their approval....If they don't know what it is without it...same goes. Real sports car people recognize our cars...and respect them. Other than that only the owner has to be impressed....and you can't read the stickers and badges when you're driving....

Okay...I'm done (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) ....YMMV.
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Nov 16 2007, 10:19 AM
Post #8

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418

This is an absolutely FABULOUS rant.

QUOTE(woobn8r @ Nov 16 2007, 09:03 AM) *

My opinion.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) ...Okay, I know you didn't ask for it, but here comes my little rant...

Why do we need logo's and badges on everything? Did you forget what kind of car you drive and need a reminder? Are we so insecure in life we need to wear a badge that advertises our joining the masses? ..."Levis" Jeans, "Nike" shoes, "Harry Rosen" and even "Crocs"......I always thought it was funny when the guy with the 2.5 foot "Rockford-Fosgate" sticker on his windshield had his stereo stolen....It pays to advertise.

We seem to have sold out to the great Marketing machine....we advertise their stuff and we PAY for the privilidge! Just look at most of the "ricers" and how many logos you can count on them....

One of the great things about the 914 is the fact that this fantastic car had "questionable" linneage in the PORSCHE snob circles....(hence the whole NARP thing)...this meant that all the "posers" had to buy 911s to get the prestige of the Marque....(I think this was at it's zeinth in the "80s Disco era). Many people still must stand behing a PORSCHE badge to prove they are a "real sports car person"....In my eye anyone can buy a PORSCHE....not everyone has the true passion for one.

I suppose some people buy thier 914 to tell others they own a PORSCHE...personally, I could care less who made it, as It is a fantastic fun car that grants many "smiles per hour"....the fact that it is a Porsche/VW is a quiet understatement that gives me personal peace of mind...

So should the emphasis of our cars be a hood badge or a sticker...maybe it should be a well maintained sports car with clean lines, purposeful modifications and obvious care that speaks to our passion? You decide.

Unless you're a CW or racing (and being paid to promote through sponsorship) I can't see a reason to blemish the beautiful lines of our cars...Who do you need to impress? If someone needs to see a badge to be impressed with your 914, you don't want their approval....If they don't know what it is without it...same goes. Real sports car people recognize our cars...and respect them. Other than that only the owner has to be impressed....and you can't read the stickers and badges when you're driving....

+Quote Post
bbrown
post Nov 16 2007, 10:26 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 3,330

Don't do it.
+Quote Post
GWN7
post Nov 16 2007, 10:33 AM
Post #10

King of Road Trips

Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

At least two 914's came from the factory with the badge.........

Why not them all?...It has been proposed that it added to the base price of the car. If the new owner wanted it added the dealer could put it on for a extra fee.

It's your car do what you want.......just remember to not park it where kids with screwdrivers hang out............ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
rigglet
post Nov 16 2007, 01:25 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 7,272
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I don't normally weigh in on these philosophical debates, but I guess I am feeling saucy today.

While I understand what the purists feel about making changes to the car, I also think you should do what you like. After all...it's your car.

My car has the hood crest. I will be starting my complete restoration next year and have debated about whether or not to keep it. I understand that they didn't come with one, but I like it. I think it makes the front of the car look even better. But I also like some of the front and rear spoilers, the rear reflector and some of the other non-standard badging.

I think ultimately you need to take the stance that it is your car, your time, your money. Do with it what you like. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
race914
post Nov 16 2007, 01:56 PM
Post #12

73 914-4

Member No.: 5,027
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(woobn8r @ Nov 16 2007, 08:03 AM) *

My opinion.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
woobn8r
post Nov 16 2007, 02:04 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 7,435

QUOTE(race914 @ Nov 16 2007, 02:56 PM) *

QUOTE(woobn8r @ Nov 16 2007, 08:03 AM) *

My opinion.

Attached Image

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
highways
post Nov 16 2007, 02:09 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 4,296

Ok, so I'm (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hijacked.gif) someone else's pic from another thread, but this actually looks good to me. And when i change my mind after a few years I'm not up shit creek without a paddle...

The second best place might be on a zinc plated chain that you can wear around you neck, bling bling stylee!

Attached Image
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Nov 16 2007, 02:38 PM
Post #15

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104

PUT THE CREST DOWN! STAND AWAY FROM THAT 914!
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
914pwer
post Nov 16 2007, 02:58 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 7,999

QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Nov 16 2007, 07:57 AM) *

The easiest way to get a rise out of people around here is discuss badges and reflectors. Kinda like talking about what oil is best.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

They never came on the car originally. Either did big brakes, big motors, fancy gauges, aftermarket seats or custom exhaust systems but most everyone here does so without a thought and I see no difference.

My opinion......do what you like, enjoy your car and build it the way YOU like. The exception would be a Concours car.

Since you want to see it on a black car.....
Attached Image

And those nasty reflectors too..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif)

Attached Image

do it i will
http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9..._hood_crest.htm
+Quote Post
E-Man
post Nov 16 2007, 03:01 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 390

Here it is (with no opinion):

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9..._hood_crest.htm

+Quote Post
shelby/914
post Nov 16 2007, 03:44 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 4,655
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

That is one of the best looking 914s I've seen. and yes I already have one of those nasty reflectors. It was on the car when I got it and it's staying. Already have one very stock toy, the blue one in the avatar. Wow you wouldn't think a little crest would stir the pot soooo much when 6 conversions and 5lug conversions and even flares are all ok. But it was all in good fun and it will always be a NARP.
+Quote Post
Twise
post Nov 16 2007, 03:54 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 6,881
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(E-Man @ Nov 16 2007, 01:01 PM) *

You beat me to it. I just dug that 411 out for this poor soul...

I am not gonna run one, but only for the purposes of pissing off my father: who just gets so riled up about the stoopid hood crest. His car had one, but he worked at a dealership and they installed them for who ever wanted one. I think the car is fine "sans-crest". However, there is one on my momo wheel. Making me a hypo-porsche crest-acrite. There labeled...
+Quote Post
stephenaki
post Nov 16 2007, 03:59 PM
Post #20

Can I get this one dad??

Member No.: 7,987

[/quote]

I second that! Porsche never cared enough for the 914s to add a hood badge so why should we??
[/quote]

Cause the wife told me she wanted the crest on it? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) I personally like the crest besides, the car I bought already has one from the PO. I may have to buy a new one from you though based on the condition it is in! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 06:44 PM