Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thanks for the ride Allan., First time in the passenger seat of a 914
tracks914
post Nov 16 2007, 07:46 PM
Post #1

Canadian Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 153
Region Association: None

I've had my car for 5 years now but have never sat in the passenger seat of it or any 914.
This week I had the pleasure of meeting a fellow 914World member when I was in Toronto.(ajracer) He took me for a ride in his 300HP+ V8 914. I won't post how fast he brought me (in case this site is being monitored) but let me say it was faster than my 1.7 will ever go, and he got us there in about 6 seconds. He then showed me how fast it would brake. I was impressed. Now the best part!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) Then he pulled over and said now you can drive it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) It will take me another week to get the smile off my face. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif) With 300 ponies and a beautifully shifting Boxster tranny in it, it's the way all 914's should feel and drive. Most of the driving was on the 404 north and around town so I don't know how it would handle in the twisties but he tells me it does good and I believe him. He can't wait to get the engine properly set up and dialed in for even more ponies but when he does, I'll go for another ride with him.
We then talked cars for a few more hours before I had to go, but I can't wait to hook up with him again just to talk cars.
Thanks Allan. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
This club and it's members are the best.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jonferns
post Nov 16 2007, 08:20 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,631
Region Association: North East States

This club and it's members are the best.

ain't it the truth!
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:20 PM