Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Refinishing heater parts- what paint is good?
rjames
post Nov 18 2007, 04:23 PM
Post #1

I'm made of metal

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,467
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I'm in the middle of backdating my exhaust system and just stripped and cleaned up all the tubes that connect to the heat exchangers (stripped, removed rust etc) and now need to know what to paint them with so that they don't rust again. I was just thinking of POR15'ing them, but not sure if the stuff will hold up to the heat. I'd also like to coat the insides of the tubes with something too to keep them rusting out from the inside, although with all of that heat it's probably unlikely.

I am assuming any kind of spray paint and maybe Por15 won't be able to hold up to the heat. Would the stuff that peope use to repaint their mufflers work? I can't afford to powder coating route and am just looking for a cheap way to ensure they don't start rusting.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 06:12 PM