Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Opinions Needed!
Beamer13
post Nov 18 2007, 11:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,308
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Alright, I am at a crossroads! I just purchased a '74 2.0. This car had a little run in with a welder, a fuel line, some flames, and some foam from the friendly neighborhood fire department. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) This car was fuel injected with the Djet ( i believe??) You see the fire was contained to the battery side of the vehicle. Minimal damage. One of the biggest problems is the fact that the fuel injection control box was completely melted!! What I want to know is opinions on whether I should stay fuel injected and try to find the right controller (can't see any numbers on it) or if I should convert to carbs???
The biggest problem I am finding so far is finding the controller and the wiring harnes as they were both completely melted. I did find a parts car that I bought and will use some of the parts but unfortunately it doesn't have either of those parts!
Any help that you all could give me would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!
rd
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 06:47 PM