Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Finally won one, Been second a few times but not first
mikelsr
post Nov 20 2007, 02:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,390
Region Association: Southwest Region

We had our last AX of the year and I took 1st in a bump class (SM2 and others). Yes there was more than one car. I've seen my progression from being beat (time wise) by a number of people in a lot of different classes to beating them. Or to being very competitive with them. Its fun to have people come up to you and seeing what your times were so they can compare.

The even better part is that I am watching my videos and seeing where I was slow and then rethinking how I could enter a turn better, brake sooner or later, accelerate smoother, etc. I haven't been out a lot this year because of car problems but I think most of those problems are solved. My goals next year is to be more consistent and smoother on ALL inputs and to hit a few DEs.

Here is my best run:
My best run of the event

Mike
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
drew365
post Nov 20 2007, 09:00 PM
Post #2

These are the good old days!

Member No.: 37

Congratulations, nice video. If you start doing DE's the next learning device should be a data acq. system. Sync it to your video and you have all kinds of info to ponder. Wouldn't help much at AX unless you bring along a lap top, and down load between runs. It would show you exactly where you're braking and accelerating and help decide where to adjust.
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Nov 20 2007, 09:52 PM
Post #3

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Good job. I know how you feel I chased a kid in a Honda Civic for a few years to Finally beat him in the last run of the season two years ago to win 1st in DSP. I now always beat him, even after all the go fast mods he has done. That tells me my skills have gotten better. Keep on (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Nice video also.
+Quote Post
blitZ
post Nov 21 2007, 06:22 AM
Post #4

Beer please...

Member No.: 4,719
Region Association: South East States

Nice job, that's a tough class!! I'm in SM2 also and am always a few seconds behind the front runners. I'm going to have some DOT R tires next season, should help a bit.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
woobn8r
post Nov 21 2007, 07:41 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 7,435
Region Association: None

Congratulations!

The best performance improvement you can ALWAYS do.... is to the nut that holds the wheel...

Keep it up.
+Quote Post
mikelsr
post Nov 21 2007, 09:47 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 3,390
Region Association: Southwest Region

As they say, good tires will give you 2 seconds. Get 'em and have a blast next season.

QUOTE(blitZ @ Nov 21 2007, 06:22 AM) *

Nice job, that's a tough class!! I'm in SM2 also and am always a few seconds behind the front runners. I'm going to have some DOT R tires next season, should help a bit.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post Nov 21 2007, 11:44 AM
Post #7

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Member No.: 92

Yup good tires = go fast. But not without good suspension.

Nice job on the class win. Now you need to write about a PAX win or overall FTD.

I like beating Hondas too. I got this guy in SM that is my closest competition 350 HP turbo Civic. Last event I had him covered till he somehow got a re-run with a drying track. losing by a few 10ths sux.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 05:58 PM