Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stumble while driving and at idle, 2.0 stock w/ DJet
Bogaat
post Nov 28 2007, 07:22 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,436

Just built this guy with stock web cam, rebuilt heads, blah blah. Thanks to Jakes video this thing doesn't leak a drop of oil (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) . After I first cranked it and set timing this thing hummed with no stumble. After a little driving this stumble began and now will not go away. I went and double checked the TBS and all is well there. It still looks new on the inside with little to no wear. This engine had 60k original miles when I rebuilt. The harness has been tested. I tore down and put back together the distributor w/ the Bosch grease. I am still using points/condenser. The trigger points looked ok and are definitely clean. Any thoughts outside replacing the trigger points? Could a stumble be caused by any other of the components? Again, the problem was not there at first. I am thinking I might yank the compufire off of my bug and throw it in there to see what happens...All thoughts are appreciated. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jasons
post Nov 28 2007, 08:07 AM
Post #2

Jackstand Extraordinaire

Member No.: 2,573
Region Association: None

Even if the trigger points contacts look good, the dogs that ride the cam can wear out. When this happens, they don't open and close completely. I would re-evaluate those for sure. Verify you have the correct head temp sensor with the correct resistor(if required, depending on your year). Check for loose connections/bad grounds too.
+Quote Post
minnesota loon
post Nov 30 2007, 05:25 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,173

I had a miss like that, I tried new throttle switch ,re-timing ,new sensor still had the miss. Finally changed trigger points it worked no more miss.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 03:48 PM