Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stumble while driving and at idle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bogaat
Just built this guy with stock web cam, rebuilt heads, blah blah. Thanks to Jakes video this thing doesn't leak a drop of oil beerchug.gif . After I first cranked it and set timing this thing hummed with no stumble. After a little driving this stumble began and now will not go away. I went and double checked the TBS and all is well there. It still looks new on the inside with little to no wear. This engine had 60k original miles when I rebuilt. The harness has been tested. I tore down and put back together the distributor w/ the Bosch grease. I am still using points/condenser. The trigger points looked ok and are definitely clean. Any thoughts outside replacing the trigger points? Could a stumble be caused by any other of the components? Again, the problem was not there at first. I am thinking I might yank the compufire off of my bug and throw it in there to see what happens...All thoughts are appreciated. beer3.gif
jasons
Even if the trigger points contacts look good, the dogs that ride the cam can wear out. When this happens, they don't open and close completely. I would re-evaluate those for sure. Verify you have the correct head temp sensor with the correct resistor(if required, depending on your year). Check for loose connections/bad grounds too.
minnesota loon
I had a miss like that, I tried new throttle switch ,re-timing ,new sensor still had the miss. Finally changed trigger points it worked no more miss.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.