Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

> Winter projects - in cold climes, Other than the left coast, which is always nice
Pat Garvey
post Dec 5 2007, 07:43 PM
Post #1

Do I or don't I...........?

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

So...winter is settling in on the east coast & midwest. It's snowing & 26 degrees here, but I planned for that & have taken lots o parts off the 914 to rejuvinate over the winter. Mostly rubber & FI parts.

Right now, I'd like to hear about members's witches brews for preserving rubber parts. I've had several rubber parts go south on me this year (read disintegrate in my hands!). Have replacements, but curious about what every one uses to protect these things. I have something completely wierd that I've started using, but want to hear what others use first. Sources for OTC Glycerine seem to be drying up (no pun), since the drugstores don't want to reserve shelf space for something that doesn't sell.

So....what do you use? I promise I won't denegrate anyone for not using what I do. Want to hear alternatives - good or bad.

No, licking a Hershey bar & then licking the rubber is not a good thing - or is it?

Pat
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 05:27 AM