Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914/6 conversion-clutch,pressure plate,throwout bearing question
rfuerst911sc
post Dec 20 2007, 06:15 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,980
Region Association: South East States

At some point in time I will be ready to mate my 901 tranny to my 911 3.0 engine. I will be useing the 3.0 flywheel and I have already purchased the correct ring gear for the conversion. But my question is what pressure plate,clutch disc and throwout bearing to purchase? Some guys are saying you just use OEM 914/914-6/early 911 ( 71 and earlier ) is that correct? I know Kennedy,Patrick and others make hi-po parts but I'm useing a stock engine with carbs and headers so it's not a fire breathing beast (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) The tranny is a side shifter if that matters. Part numbers would be appreciated if possible (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 2)
IronHillRestorations
post Dec 20 2007, 07:06 PM
Post #2

I. I. R. C.

Group: Members
Member No.: 439
Region Association: None

I've only purchased/sold the package (custom ring gear, 225mm pressure plate & clutch disc, and a custom TOB), which is a Kennedy package, something like $650 or $750 for the package.

What ring gear do you have? If it's a stock 3.0 ring gear, it's not the right one for what you are doing.
+Quote Post
PRS914-6
post Dec 20 2007, 10:13 PM
Post #3

Excellence Magazine Project 914 3.6

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 6,031
Region Association: None

If the car is going to be for street, I would avoid any pressure plate that is stronger than you need to get the job done. It gives you a heavy pedal for no good reason. Call Brett at Kennedy Engineering and he can tell you what the torque rating is for all the pressure plates.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 03:16 PM