Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 conversion-clutch,pressure plate,throwout bearing question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfuerst911sc
At some point in time I will be ready to mate my 901 tranny to my 911 3.0 engine. I will be useing the 3.0 flywheel and I have already purchased the correct ring gear for the conversion. But my question is what pressure plate,clutch disc and throwout bearing to purchase? Some guys are saying you just use OEM 914/914-6/early 911 ( 71 and earlier ) is that correct? I know Kennedy,Patrick and others make hi-po parts but I'm useing a stock engine with carbs and headers so it's not a fire breathing beast biggrin.gif The tranny is a side shifter if that matters. Part numbers would be appreciated if possible beerchug.gif
IronHillRestorations
I've only purchased/sold the package (custom ring gear, 225mm pressure plate & clutch disc, and a custom TOB), which is a Kennedy package, something like $650 or $750 for the package.

What ring gear do you have? If it's a stock 3.0 ring gear, it's not the right one for what you are doing.
PRS914-6
If the car is going to be for street, I would avoid any pressure plate that is stronger than you need to get the job done. It gives you a heavy pedal for no good reason. Call Brett at Kennedy Engineering and he can tell you what the torque rating is for all the pressure plates.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.