Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> So, What lump have I got here?, and is it any good?
woobn8r
post Dec 28 2007, 07:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,435
Region Association: None

I bought my '74 from a guy in (Boca Raton) Florida who thought this motor was "all that"....
however, I had planned a 3.2l conversion from the start.

I pulled the old lump out just before the cold set in, and I was tired of tripping over it (sitting beside my 914 in the garage). So, today I pulled off the tranny, starter, intake and exhaust...much more room now.

The case number is S112 004.101.102A...
...and the serial number is EC010852.

The PO said that it was a 1.8 case with 2.0 crank and rods, 96mm jugs and plugs (p/c), 280 High Performance cam (with performance lifters), and 1.8 heads flycut to 96mm. It also is reported to have lightened flywheel.

I can't post pics as my work computer does not allow mw to add software....which would enable me to resize pics....

Everything on this car says DISNEY.....in other words its all MICKEY MOUSE'd...
1/2 the bolts for everything in the car are missing...the ones that are there are not tight....they are also all different sizes....Kids!!!! Oh, and it leaked more oil than the Exxon Valdez....kid said it was either a main seal (not) or a galley plug (unconfirmed)

Good thing I planned a TOTAL rebuild huh.

Anyways If you can confirm the little info I have or have a comment on this forlorn 4 sillywinder lump...feel free to leave some comments!

Thanks,

Sean

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 05:11 AM