Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Please Help this tune up is kicking my a**
WizPorsche914
post Jan 9 2008, 02:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,479
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Everything on this 72 914 is orignal, Im trying to replace the coil, cap, rotor wires and plugs with hopes of it running a little better ( it runs but not too well). How in the world do thouse dam little clips on the cap slide back into place ? Ive been trying for a solid hour to get them back on.

Also the plug what should I set them at ?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jan 9 2008, 03:42 PM
Post #2

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
You are only about 1hr from me, its good to see another local guy. If the clips wont go in then your cap may be 180 out. I forget what the plugs are set at, but I know it is in the Haines manual if you have one ( you should get one if you dont). Have you checked the dwell on your points? Have you checked the condition of your points? When you say it is running poorly, what are the symptoms?
+Quote Post
So.Cal.914
post Jan 9 2008, 04:03 PM
Post #3

"...And it has a front trunk too."

Member No.: 1,658
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 9 2008, 01:42 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
You are only about 1hr from me, its good to see another local guy. If the clips wont go in then your cap may be 180 out. I forget what the plugs are set at, but I know it is in the Haines manual if you have one ( you should get one if you dont). Have you checked the dwell on your points? Have you checked the condition of your points? When you say it is running poorly, what are the symptoms?

Like Evil said your dizzy has a notch on top that accepts its mate on the cap. Check and see if is seated correctly. Eather that or maybe something else is getting in the way. If not push on them harder. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
WizPorsche914
post Jan 9 2008, 04:37 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,479

When it idles it wants to stall out. What should points be set at and how are they installed ? This is my first car with points. I own a 944 also.
+Quote Post
Rand
post Jan 9 2008, 04:53 PM
Post #5

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573
Region Association: None

Regarding the clips on the distributor cap.... Sometimes it is helpful to tip the cap a little towards one side and get that clip on, then push the cap down into position and snap the other clip on.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:37 PM