Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please Help this tune up is kicking my a**
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
WizPorsche914
Everything on this 72 914 is orignal, Im trying to replace the coil, cap, rotor wires and plugs with hopes of it running a little better ( it runs but not too well). How in the world do thouse dam little clips on the cap slide back into place ? Ive been trying for a solid hour to get them back on.

Also the plug what should I set them at ?
Dr Evil
welcome.png
You are only about 1hr from me, its good to see another local guy. If the clips wont go in then your cap may be 180 out. I forget what the plugs are set at, but I know it is in the Haines manual if you have one ( you should get one if you dont). Have you checked the dwell on your points? Have you checked the condition of your points? When you say it is running poorly, what are the symptoms?
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 9 2008, 01:42 PM) *

welcome.png
You are only about 1hr from me, its good to see another local guy. If the clips wont go in then your cap may be 180 out. I forget what the plugs are set at, but I know it is in the Haines manual if you have one ( you should get one if you dont). Have you checked the dwell on your points? Have you checked the condition of your points? When you say it is running poorly, what are the symptoms?

Like Evil said your dizzy has a notch on top that accepts its mate on the cap. Check and see if is seated correctly. Eather that or maybe something else is getting in the way. If not push on them harder. smile.gif
WizPorsche914
When it idles it wants to stall out. What should points be set at and how are they installed ? This is my first car with points. I own a 944 also.
Rand
Regarding the clips on the distributor cap.... Sometimes it is helpful to tip the cap a little towards one side and get that clip on, then push the cap down into position and snap the other clip on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.