Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Want headlight not to raise on early 914
chriss914
post Jan 13 2008, 09:57 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,559

Ok, Thanks very much for your assistance. I think fixing the fog or driving light connections wont be such a problem, as there seems to be a lot of information currently available on that case.

And with your assistance Tim, I got that One of the Grey opens the light and that Green/black wire closes them. Thats very god info. To find out which of the Grey would not be so hard I suppose, Just disconnecting one at a time. Harder to put it in the correct place, with the risk of shortcutting.
I´m coming to the garage in just a couple of days and then i gonna take a further look at these connections.

Thanks!
Chriss914
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
chriss914
post Jan 15 2008, 03:54 AM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,559

Now i got this done and connected the right way!

In the first step of the light switch theres Parkinglights.

In the second step the headlamp pop ups and light go on. When you push the switch back to the first step the headlamps go down again.
If soomeone else would like to do it, it´s quite simple and here´s the solution:

Look at the light switch and at the connection "K" there are three grey wires. One is jumped to "58B". One got numbers printed on (5 9 I think it was) Now there is one cable left. Thats the cable that controls the "UP" signal for the headlamp motors. Cut it and splice it in at teminal 56. Now the lamps go up at switch step 2 (but going down only when switch is pressed to bottom.)

Mowing the green/black cable from connecton 30B to connecton 57 make them go down at pushing the switch back to the first step.

Thanks for all help coming to this conclusion! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

BTW I found my cables for fog/driving light in the car, and also there seems to be a relay for that already. The only thing missing is the switch for fog lamps, but the cables to that is under the dash. When i don´t think my car has ever had that kind of auxiliary lights i suppose even an early car as this one has pre installed wires for this.

Chriss914
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 10:10 AM