Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> looking for information on d-jet 2056 conversion, calling all M.P.S. guys * need info.**
orange914
post Jan 17 2008, 08:31 PM
Post #1

http://5starmediaworks.com/index.html

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,818
Region Association: Northern California

i am setting up my d-jet to operate the new 2056, it origanally was 1.7. i need some experianced input on running either a "modified perameter" 1.7 or 2.0 m.p.s. which of these 2 combo.s would work the best?:

1) a modified 1.7 (max. re-calibrated setting for 2.0) with increased fuel press.
(note) higher fuel pressure increases atomazation so this combo may have benifit over #2?
PROS: i could re-calibrate/use my good 1.7 M.P.S.,
CONS: have to adjust a/f with increased fuel press. at regulator and set on a/f scope

2) a modified 2.0 (able to set to 2056 fuel requirements)
PROS:? keep stock fuel pressure
CONS: have to locate/buy or trade a good 2.0 m.p.s. for re-calibrate

answers to the below questions will be helpful in desiding how to go

i'm trying to understand if the m.p.s. operation, does it have a profound (dont know if thats exactly the word i'm looking for) effect on the e.c.m.'s output for the full range of f.i. operation?

would programing a 1.7 to 2.0 a/f settings + raised fuel injection press. do the same (or better?) than a reprogrammed 2.0 m.p.s. set to 2056 a/f calibration? when you re-program the m.p.s. what data exactly does it input to the computor? manifold pressure and?? is it very basic data or does it relay more complex values and ranges?

if i go route #2 DOES ANYONE HAVE A 2.0 M.P.S. 4 SALE OR PARTS SWAP?

thanks, mike

EDIT NOTE:
new info. from p.m.
so it's basic duty is the same as a modern map sensor. if i adjusted fuel pressure higher it could find the balance a/f ratio by 1) increased pulse width (max. setting,) plus- 2) incress fuel pressure to fine tune a/f ratio across the board since m.p.s. is handling the three parameters.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:49 PM