Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> It runs!!, Not without a little wiring adventure
DNHunt
post Jan 7 2004, 11:00 AM
Post #1

914 Wizard? No way. I got too much to learn.

Group: Members
Member No.: 598

Got it going. I still have to download the fueling map to the MegaSquirt chip but, it's idling.

Had a little scare yesterday, I couldn't get any fuel pressure. Had the fuel lines hooked up backwards so the pressure regulator got the fuel first. Wrong. It needs to go the other way so the fuel goes to the injectors first. Figured that out last night and changed it around this morning. Still no fuel.

I thought I heard the fuel pump but it was the blower running when I turned the ignition on. So, I checked the wiring to the fuel pump. I'm an idiot.

Get this, last year when I wired the fuel pump from the MegaSquirt relay board I used red wire for hot and black for ground. Makes sense but then, I slipped a small length of black heat shrink tubing on the red wire and its crimped connector. To make things more confusing I used a crimp connector on the ground wire with a red sleave. When I looked in the boot all I saw was the red sleave which I hooked to the + terminal and the
black sleave which I hooked to the - terminal. Exactly backwards, why do I do things like this to myself?

Dave
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
DNHunt   It runs!!   Jan 7 2004, 11:00 AM
Mueller   Hey Dave, You want confusing??? I built my first...   Jan 7 2004, 11:04 AM
davep   Congratulations. Sounds like you invited Murphy t...   Jan 7 2004, 11:05 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 06:26 AM