Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It runs!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
Got it going. I still have to download the fueling map to the MegaSquirt chip but, it's idling.

Had a little scare yesterday, I couldn't get any fuel pressure. Had the fuel lines hooked up backwards so the pressure regulator got the fuel first. Wrong. It needs to go the other way so the fuel goes to the injectors first. Figured that out last night and changed it around this morning. Still no fuel.

I thought I heard the fuel pump but it was the blower running when I turned the ignition on. So, I checked the wiring to the fuel pump. I'm an idiot.

Get this, last year when I wired the fuel pump from the MegaSquirt relay board I used red wire for hot and black for ground. Makes sense but then, I slipped a small length of black heat shrink tubing on the red wire and its crimped connector. To make things more confusing I used a crimp connector on the ground wire with a red sleave. When I looked in the boot all I saw was the red sleave which I hooked to the + terminal and the
black sleave which I hooked to the - terminal. Exactly backwards, why do I do things like this to myself?

Dave
Mueller
Hey Dave,

You want confusing???

I built my first Megasquirt harness using pretty much all the same color wiring blink.gif blink.gif

Keep up the good work, I'll be asking you some questions when I get my motor back and into the car smile.gif
davep
Congratulations. Sounds like you invited Murphy to the party. Time to banish him. Head for the open road!

DaveP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.