Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Dellorto questions *Now with pics!
ChopNotch
post Jan 24 2008, 07:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,599

I am bringing back a car which has been sitting under a cover in a garage for 12 years.

Facts:

*Car has not been started for 12 years.
*Car started last week with gas poured down the carbs and ran for a few seconds.
*Replaced today what looks like a stock FI pump with a carburetor pressure rated pump.

*Car has new gas.
*New fuel pump is working and carbs are getting fuel pressure.

Looking down the barrels of the carbs, when the throttle is hit, there is "no" gas being shot into any of the 4 carb throats.

If any of you guys are familiar with Dell's (DLRA 45's)

Is there anything I can try to get the carbs to squirt some gas, outside of pulling the carbs and rebuilding them? (I know they are probably gummed up after 12 years)

Can I access the floats or is there a particular area which would most likely be blocked on both carbs which would prevent fuel from flowing through the carbs?

I am trying to get them sorted with whatever settings/sync they were parked with since I have no experience setting them back up and don't have any of the airflow meters yet, have blown my cash wad so far getting to where I am at on the car this far.

Thanks if you have any suggestions.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 11:51 AM