Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 2.7 engine heater hose question
Joe Bob
post Jan 8 2004, 01:29 AM
Post #1

Retired admin, banned a few times

Group: Members
Member No.: 5
Region Association: None

I have a carbed 2.7 in my 914/6.....my question is on the heater hoses that come off of the fan.

The hoses attach to twin ducts that then pass thru the engine tin to the heat exchangers below. Fresh air supplied by the fan then flows through the HEs and go to the flapper valves and into the ducting into the cab....

Do the hoses go through the tin by themselves in one piece? Or do they use a rolled piece of tin at the sheet metal, attached with hose clamps, making it a two piece hose on each side?

My thinking is that by going through as a one piece hose the sharp edges of the tin would tend to rub and cut into the hose?

If there is a rolled tube, what is the part # or does someone have a picture so that I can fabricate something..... OR is there a rubber grommet there, OR what....?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 03:16 PM