Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.7 engine heater hose question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
I have a carbed 2.7 in my 914/6.....my question is on the heater hoses that come off of the fan.

The hoses attach to twin ducts that then pass thru the engine tin to the heat exchangers below. Fresh air supplied by the fan then flows through the HEs and go to the flapper valves and into the ducting into the cab....

Do the hoses go through the tin by themselves in one piece? Or do they use a rolled piece of tin at the sheet metal, attached with hose clamps, making it a two piece hose on each side?

My thinking is that by going through as a one piece hose the sharp edges of the tin would tend to rub and cut into the hose?

If there is a rolled tube, what is the part # or does someone have a picture so that I can fabricate something..... OR is there a rubber grommet there, OR what....?
redshift
I went out and looked.. can you describe a 2.7 motor? I don't think I see one.

M
Joe Bob
It has 2 more cylinders than your brain does..... bootyshake.gif
redshift
Can someone explain that too me?

mad.gif Hey wait a minute... where are we?

M
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(mikez @ Jan 7 2004, 11:29 PM)
... Do the hoses go through the tin by themselves in one piece?...

yes.

i thought there were supposed to be big soft rubber grommets on the holes in the tin, but like a lot of the German rubber, it cracked, dried up, and broke off in the heat/UV/ozone SoCal environment...

anyway i can't find any reference to those grommets in the usual listings so maybe i hallucinated the whole thing. you might get some vacuum hose and slit it, making a big grommet, or get some 'caterpiller grommet' at an electronic supply store.

of just run your dogleg deburring tool aaround the top and bottom surface of each hole and decree it good enough ...
Joe Bob
Thanks.
Red-Beard
How about taking some vaccuum line and slitting it open and pressing it into the sheetmetal opening. I had the hoses hooked up directly going right through and they didn't abrade or cut. I used the heavy duty cardboard ones.

I think I'll do the vaccuum line thing as I re-assemble the stuff. And Yes, they go directly to the heat exchangers. There is no Y tube on the 6. You will not believe the amount of heat you get from the 6 heat exchangers and the 6 fan.

James
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.